tenant owes 2000+ in rent what action do I need to take?

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears tenant owes 2000+ in rent what action do I need to take?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
V
Vicki
27 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi

I have a tenant who rent my property off me, they have been renting my house since 2006. It was originally a working couple with 2 children, sadly one of the tenants passed away, causing the other to be unable to work.

They claim housing benefit which was being paid directly to them selves. The remaining tenant has now got behind on the rent owing me over 2000.

I have spoken to the housing benefit and they have said they will pay me directly but this is only for 200 out of the 600 per month.

I am unsure what action to take now, as this is not the first time we have had rent arrears. I do not think my tenant will be able to pay me the outstanding debt never mind any future payments.

Any advise, help would me much appreciated, as to what action I should take going forward.

Kind regards

11/03/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband