Best way to proceed with Tenant & Guarantor.

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Best way to proceed with Tenant & Guarantor.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
Martip04
24 Posts
1 Thanks
My Tenant owes 1,696 rent dating from from 27.2.12 and she agrees it is due. I have written twice to her and the Guarantor asking for payment and/or a payment schedule. She says she is waiting for benefits to pay the amount but this could be any time in the future.

I would like to end this without going to court and I feel that the Gurantor should pay (she is the Tenant's mother) and then the Tenant can re-pay her.
Before I take action I would like to write a final letter asking for a payment and again a schedule if not in one lump sum. What do I have to include/exclude in the letter in order to satisfy the Pre-action small claims protocols that I have read about?

If I have to proceed is the section 8 the best way forward, if not what is.
Tried to book onto your RLA course but both sessions in London are full, any notes info I could buy from you to help?

08/05/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband