Help and Advice urgently needed

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Help and Advice urgently needed
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Flowerpot
34 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi all,

I would really appreciate some advice on rent arrears.

I have joint tennants in my property and they have been in for 3 and a 1/2 years. They are on a rolling tenancy now and when they signed the original AST we took a months rent for the first and last month, ie no deposit.

They have always paid on time by standing order on the 30th of the month. However, last months rent (30th Sept) did not appear in our account. I contacted the tenant who was surprised and said that it had gone from his account and he contacted the bank to find other S/O had gone out but there were irregularities and cancelled his S/O for the rent.

I explained that he needed to keep in contact with me and that his rent was due again shortly and that he would be further in arrears.

He paid me 460 cash for the rent owed for October.

He has now not paid his rent due on the 30th October. I have tried to contact them but they have not replied. They are now 3 days late and I have no idea how and when they sre going to pay.

I would like advice on what steps to take next as I would rather deal with this immediately rather than hope they may pay when they have the money.

Many thanks everybody for reading

02/11/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband