Tenant has informed of inability to meet rental payment

You are here : Member Forums Rent Arrears Tenant has informed of inability to meet rental payment
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
3 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi

My tenant contacted me on the 30th December to inform me that she would be unable to pay the rental due 1st January 2012 (585).

She suggested I use her deposit to cover the months rental. I informed her that I was not entitled to do this and she should keep in touch and inform me as to when payment could be expected.

The contract states that I am able to charge 25.00 for late payment. the tenant has only paid once in seven months by the due date, the first of the month, and up until now I have chosen not to make the charge. However I feel that I should make the charge.

The contract also states that if the payment is in arrears of 14 days or more she is in default.

She has been the most problamatic tenant I have had over the last six years and I have no confidence as to her willingness to pay the arrears promptly.

What recourse do I have?

Regards

Mark Hadley

07/01/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband