Fire at property

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Fire at property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
PMC PROPERTIES
446 Posts
55 Thanks
Last week my tenant returned home, drunk, in the early hours, put a pan on and fell asleep. Thankfully the fire brigade, got him and his partner out, ok, apart from smoke inhulation. The property is virtually distroyed, smoke damage throughout and kitchen gutted. The couple are staying with familly. The loss adjuster estimates 16 weeks at least for insurer to make it habitable. The couple have handed keys back, as we don't know how safe structure is, and for safety I don't want them visiting. I do not want the couple back, as he drinks alot, and I fear it could happen again. Whilst they are staying with familly, and given the fixed term AST has passed, am I legally ok to issue a section 21 now, so that by the time property is put good, the noticed will have well of expired, and if they then wanted keys back would I have to give them back, and get a possession order.

Thanks

15/05/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband