Desperately trying to get possession of my house back.

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Desperately trying to get possession of my house back.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
5 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello

I am presently trying to get possession of my property through S8 non payment of rent and go back to court again on 17th December. However, the tenants have now filed a defense and counterclaim.

The tenancy agreement expired on 30th September 2010 and I issued them with S21 on 1st August 2010 as they had not paid the rent for several months then, but did not do any more with this as I assumed that the S8 would be sufficient...

My questions are - can I also go to court for possession using a S21 at the same time as a S8?

Also, their defense is a pack of lies i.e saying that the reason they havent paid the rent is because my house is a rat invested slum. Yet they still want to carry on living there! Hmmmm. I smell a rat quite literally. However, back to my question - surely evidence muct be required by the courts? It cant just be their word against mine?

I really want these people out! They havent paid rent for months!!

Thanks Sarah

01/12/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband