Best way to deliver, which landlord should sign the s21 and confirmation of dates

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Best way to deliver, which landlord should sign the s21 and confirmation of dates
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
N
Natalya
19 Posts
1 Thanks
I will be serving one of my tenants with a S21 shortly. I have a couple of questions though, firstly his AST was signed by my mother who has since passed away. My father is and always has been joint landlord, furthermore I became joint landlord after my mother passed away. Does it matter who signs the S21? Am I able to do so, or does my father need to, and does it matter that my father did not sign his AST when he moved in? All the tenants know that we are both landlords but I do not know if this tenant will be able to get this notice thrown out on the basis of who signed the S21.

Secondly, which is the best way to deliver, other than hand delivery? Will recorded delivery suffice for a judge, even though potentially the tenant may refuse delivery (the tenant is not expecting notice so this is probably unlikely)? Should I send another copy through normal post with proof of postage? Furthermore what if someone else signs for his letter? Is recorded delivery satisfactory no matter what for a judge?

Lastly his rental period runs from the 1st of each month, so am I correct in thinking that if his notice is delivered before the 31st of August, his leaving date will be the 31st October?

Thank you!

16/08/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband