Pregnant Tenant

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Pregnant Tenant
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
F
fayatpolperro
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Please could you advise me whether it is legal to serve notice on a pregnant tenant and her partner? They have been tenants just over twelve months and there has been an almost constant stream of maintenance issues raised over that time which, until recently, I have dealt with almost immediately. Both tenants are unemployed with the male tenant now deciding to return to the local university in October. It took about three months to sort out the housing benefit and during that time their rent arrears just stacked up. The house was completely refurbished four years ago and previous tenants were always very satisfied with it's standard. Now that their employment status is about to change I feel that I would rather sell the house than be permanently either out-of-pocket or chasing benefit agencies. Can I serve notice to quit on these tenants because I am intending to sell the property or do they have residency rights because of the impending birth which will delay the sale?
10/08/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions