Is this a scam and what can we do about it

You are here : Member Forums Access Is this a scam and what can we do about it
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
Vivien
284 Posts
11 Thanks
Hi
My tenant has just told me she had a phone call from some broker asking if they can come out to do a survey on the property to see if its up to scratch,they said they are the broker and that when the surveyor comes out if he finds any problems with the property then they will issue me (the landlord) with a legally binding document which says i have only so long to get the work done.

I'm a good landlord and every time a job comes in i attend to it,my tenant told them this and said they were not needed but they got a little funny with them and said they would still like to come out just to make sure everythings fine and if there not home then they will just call back until they catch them in.

Has anyone else heard of this as when a brokers involved it usually means a big bill.
They said it was compulsory and that they were making sure landlords are keeping there propertys up to scratch.
I would appreciate any input Thanks.

09/01/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband