Next Step after Section 8

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Next Step after Section 8
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear RLA. I have a tenant who has paid no rent since 25th July. A local agent served a section 21 notice and then a section 8 notice (on 20th September) - I have been advised that when this 'expires' on thursday 6t October that we should serve court papers through a solicitor. Can I do this myself and avoid these costs OR should I get my solicitor to represent me in court and then if we take them to the small claims court can we recover the solicitors costs and the 120 it costs to draw up the documents. Please can you advise what is the best thing for me to do. I haven't been using an agent but he has served the notices by hand as I live 250 miles from the property. The current debt is about 1320 and the next rent (600) is due on the 20th October. Thank you, Christine Cole
26/09/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions