Effect of rent increase on section 21

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Effect of rent increase on section 21
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
15 Posts
1 Thanks
Dear RLA,
I have an RLA AST in use that began on 01.01.2010 until 31.12.2010. This has now gone periodic. Whilst the AST ran I served a section 21(1)(B) on 02.06.2010 with an expirey after 31.12.2010.

On 14.01.2011 I served a rent increase form on section 13(2) 1988. commencing on 01.03.2011. All Docs from RLA. 4 Questions:
1) Has this rent increase invalidated the already served section 21.
2) If so do I now need to re-serve a section 21 (4) (A)
3) The tenant has not paid the increased rent can I still rely on the already served section 21. Rent has been paid at the old level.

This may just be an error on the tenants part but these are questions I would appreciate advice on for future rent increases. Also it will guide me on my next course of action I need to take to enforce the rent increase whilst at the same time being covered by a valid s21.
4)Also if I need to re-issue I assume the current periodic AST runs from 1st of month to end of month. Thus a re-issue date would be for expirey on the last date of a given month, 2 months hence.

Thanks in advance for your valuable guidance.

13/03/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband