Section 21 Question.

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Section 21 Question.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Jedi
32 Posts
0 Thanks
I am about to renew the Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement to one of my long standing tenants on a six month contract.

The last agreement expired earlier this year and as far as I know it has turned into a statutory Periodic Tenancy Agreement.

We have always had an agreement that payment is due every four weeks because that is when the Housing Benefit Office pay the rent directly into my bank account.

I have now changed the wording of the agreement so that payment is paid Calendar Monthly because the HBO will stop paying money direct to myself in the near future ( thanks to the government policy changes ). The tenant will have to be trusted to pay me each month.

If the new tenancy started on the 2nd of July 2012 what expiry date should I put on the Section 21(a) form, would it be the 1st of January 2013?.

If not then what date should I use as the expiry date?.

Thank you

04/07/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband