possession of property

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 possession of property
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
E
Emma L
33 Posts
0 Thanks
We have obtained possession of one of our apartments which we rented out. The tenant has not lived in the apartment or paid any rent since 24th October 2011. There are still a few belongings in the property and I would like to know my rights with regards to disposing of these items? My husband and I have suffered financial hardship due to this tenant defaulting on his rent and the numerous court fees we have had to stand in trying to get our property back. I can not afford any more court costs with regard to filling out more forms re bailiffs etc. I have obtained judgement for the money he owes but do not know how to enforce it as I have it on good authority he is not in this country anymore!!! I understand there is a Tortes law...my husband and I are thinking of storing the tenants belongings so that we can attempt to re rent our property back out? please can you advise me on what to do?
Thank you
25/04/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions