Section 8 Notification, non-primary residence, ill-health

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Section 8 Notification, non-primary residence, ill-health
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear all

Need some advice.

I have a tenant in a flat that is now in 3 months arrears.

I have served the Section 8 notification when in 2 months arrears but now am thinking of proceeding with solicitors and Court etc. Section 8 was witnessed and served in the correct manner.

The flat that has been rented is not the tenants primary residence and has been occupied by a colleague that they work with. I dont think she has ever stayed the night there.

The first 2 months of arrears the tenant has cited that they have had money issues with due diligence of a large money transfer affecting cash flow - hence non-payment.

Now, The tenant has been taken seriously ill in hospital just as the property entered into the 3month of arrears.

I have instructed my solicitor to proceed however i am concerned that the judge will rule in their favour citing illness etc..

If she passes away, what happens to her stuff and can i make a claim again her Estate?

29/07/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband