Sec 21 Notice expired

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Sec 21 Notice expired
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Roo
4 Posts
0 Thanks
I served a Sec21 Notice on my tenant effective date 18-05-11 which expired on 22-07-11.

I was hoping that the local authority would assist to save me having to go to court for a Possession Order, which they do not see interested in doing even though she is one of their claimants.

I have not been receiving any rent since Feb 2011 and to date I am owed almost 5500.

As much as I would like to get a Court Possession and Debt Recovery Order, the main object is to recover my property, as I suspect that in truth I have very little chance of ever recovering that outstanding debt, or maybe that could be dealt with at a small claims court.

Having looked on your site I can see that a court form n5b talks about (accelerated procedure) stating

This claim means that the court will decide whether or not you have to leave the premises and, if so, when. There will not normally be a court hearing. You must act immediately.

I have read that it can take at least 12 weeks to get a court hearing date during which time of course I will be losing at least another 3 months rent. If I use this accelerated procedure what sort of time scale are we then looking at please and would it be beneficial in my case, Slough Berks Court.

I should also mention that I have received absolutely no response from the tenant (a young girl with 2 small children who simply just seems to ignore all communications apparently neither have the council, which I suspect is why they stopped housing benefit payments back in February.

My suspicion is that the council are going to prolong this as long as they can, as they will probably end up having to re house her again.

Can the RLA please advise me on the best course of action and or recommend a good Solicitor to get this moving for me please?

09/08/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions