Married tenants separating

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Married tenants separating
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Forum Avatar
3 Posts
0 Thanks
I have rented my house out to a married couple who are now separating. The agreement is under both their names. The lady wants to leave and as she pays half the rent. I think, though I am not sure, that the husband wants to stay but will be able to pay the rent by himself. We purposefully wanted to rent out to a couple as we did not want single people who might have parties and reck the place (as has happened once before!)

The wife would like to give notice - can I accept this as notice for both of them to leave? Do I send a letter of acceptance of their notice?

I was thinking of accepting their notice as well as sending a section 21 form. However, as they are out of tenancy she wants to leave end of November and I understand the Section 21 form gives them 2 months notice so they would be leaving at the end of December.

Many thanks for your help

23/10/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband