Notice after giving section 21 Notice

You are here : Member Forums Possession - Section 8 and Section 21 Notice after giving section 21 Notice
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
H
Hari
11 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi

One of my properties is an HMO. This is a leasehold property and my lease expires on 23 June. So,I need to take possession from tenants by 15 June. I had included notice 21b along with the tenancy agreements. Tenancy agreements were for 6 months. This term has now expired by few months and the tenancies are running as periodic tenancies. To give further notice to tenants, I could do the following:

1. I can advise by email on 15 April that property should be vacated by 15 June. Do I still need to give 2 months' notice, having given section 21b notice with the original tenancy agreements ?

2. I can include another 21b Notice with my email.

3. The property is shop on ground floor and flats upstairs. Although there is a separate access for tenants from rear, all mail is received by the shop and then collected by tenants. So, it is not possible to send notices by post.

Although all these tenants are good and I do not see any problem. I hope, once they know the facts, they would vacate the property within the given time. However, just to be doing every thing right, I want to know, what is the best way for me to deal with this situation.

I do not take any deposit, only a month's rent in advance.

I will very much appreciate your advice on this.

Hari

07/03/2013 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband