Agents responsibilities

You are here : Member Forums Tax Planning and Financial Agents responsibilities
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
G
GG1
12 Posts
0 Thanks
My daughter is renting a flat which is managed by agents. The Landlord lives overseas. Since picking up keys on 14th July they found alot of problems in the flat - ie. no smoke alarm, problems with heating, ventilation fan not working in bathroom, dirty unhygenic mattresses - a whole list of smalls things. She moved in two weeks ago and although a few small items have been attended to the rest remains to be done. She has rung so many times to the Agents, we have spoken to at least five different people. What rights does my daughter have as regards responsibilities of the Agents. Should all this maintenance not have been attended to before she took the keys or at least in the six weeks before she moved in. I pay the monthly rent and the agents told me if I withhold paying rent then my daughter would be in breach of contract. Are the Agents in breach of contract for not complying with keeping central heating and electrics in working order and also for not maintaining a working smoke alarm?
07/09/2006 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions