Help needed on checking new tenants before entering into a contract

You are here : Member Forums Tax Planning and Financial Help needed on checking new tenants before entering into a contract
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
D
Doris
7 Posts
1 Thanks
Hello, RLA. As a new landlord, I would like to get an advice as to the way in which to check potential tenants- we have a 4 bed property- 6 students- cousins would like to take it. They are on work placement while studying. What should I check before I let them have the property. Can I do credit checks on them? Is that treated as a single contract - should I put the names of all in it, if I ask for a guarantoor- what info should I get from him, is this a multi ocupation tenancy- and will I need a licence for it? Please help me with some advice? they would like to move in 2 weeks, but to give the deposit this weekend and bring references as well. That means- I can check their references only next week-i.e. after I have taken the deposit.Does that mean that I can still change my mind and pull out if something is not right after I have checked their reference from Univercity/work.

thank you

22/01/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions