Query on end of Assured Shorthold tenancy

You are here : Member Forums Tax Planning and Financial Query on end of Assured Shorthold tenancy
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Twinks
4 Posts
0 Thanks
I am a new Landlord having purchased 2 properties last November. I am managing them myself &have a query regarding one of my properties with a contract due to end 24/08/07. I have just received a letter from an agency telling me my tenant has just been served a statuatory demand prior to bankrupcy proceedings owing money. My tenants have paid the first 4 months rent albeit a few days late but I am concerned if they file for bancrupcy I ought to end the tenancy at end of contract to avoid potential problems. I served a section 21 (1) (b) on the first day of tenancy. Is there anything else I need to give them or just verbally advise I am still intending they vacate the property of the stated date on the notice? I think I'd better get out while the going is good!!!! (Letter was legitimate &states police action also being taken against the tenants.)
26/06/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband