Ending agreement with agents

You are here : Member Forums Tax Planning and Financial Ending agreement with agents
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
G
going it alone
2 Posts
0 Thanks
I have been using an agent for rent collection only for several years and am realising what a waste of money this is. The minimal service has deteriorated and the cost increased. I have advised them that I wish to end the agreement, so they have given the tenants two months notice to move out.

The tenants, who have been there for two years, would like to remain for the forseeable future, and it is my intention to take out a new agreement with them. However, the agents are insisting that they are not able to complete their inventory check with the house occupied.

Could you please advise me the best way forward. What are the implications if I say 'don't do the inventory check and return the deposit'?

I did not have a copy of the inventory when the current tenants moved in. Are the agents obliged to give me a copy? Can the current inventory just be kept in force?

With many thanks.

24/08/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions