Access to the property for repairs

You are here : Member Forums Tax Planning and Financial Access to the property for repairs
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
JKG
7 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi,

I have a clause in the tenancy agreement:

“Permit the Landlord or workmen appointed by the Landlord to enter the property at the same time I will need to recover the keys and any associated items related to the Property at reasonable hours during the tenancy subject to prior notice except in an emergency to view the state and condition and to carry out any necessary repairs or for any other reason required under the Superior Lease granted by the Superior Landlord to the Landlord.”

However I have recently been trying to arrange a date/time with my tenant to get a decorator in to repair a damaged ceiling. However the tenant either says the date/time isn't suitable or isn't then in at an arranged date/time.

Anybody any ideas how I get round this issue as I presume the tenant has to be in the property and the workmen can't simply let themselves in?

Regards
John

11/09/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband