Tenants who have just upped and left

You are here : Member Forums Tax Planning and Financial Tenants who have just upped and left
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
Baron Vendredi
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi, I recently acquired an HMO, arranged as 9 bedsits. Upon completion, the old landlord told me that one of the rooms was now vacant as the tenant had just disappeared with all his stuff. Today I find another room is empty and the tenant certainly hasn't been there for over a week and there are no personal belongings left in the room. Both tenants have not left any keys so potentially still have access to the property.
My question is can I go ahead and re-let these rooms? I still have 300 deposit from each tenant and their rent was paid up until a week ago (after which date they appear to have not returned) I have no contact information for either tenant. I'm keen to get the vacancies filled as soon as possible to minimise the void period but not sure what I need to do to make sure they really have gone.
Any advice would be most appreciated.
02/12/2007 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband