Query with myIdeposits.co.uk

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Query with myIdeposits.co.uk
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Ted
2 Posts
0 Thanks
my deposits have accepted a dispute lodged by a tenant 120 days after the tenancy ended. The certificate clearly states a dispute has to be lodged within 90 days of the tenancy end date for it to be accepted.
They claim the term allowed is within 90 days of the "unprotection" of the deposit, but this is not stated anywhere.

Due to the state the property was left in, the tenants lost their whole deposit, and owe an additional amount. They know about this, but they left the country.

mydeposit insist I lodge the disputed amount with them immediately, but I believe they are not acting correctly. They are threatening to pay the tenants and sue me for the amount if I don't pay.

I am concerned that things are not correct with their acceptance of this claim, and if I pay, I am not confident as to what will happen to it, and that my money could be locked in the system for a very long time.

I would appreciate any help or advice

15/11/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband