Charity paying cash deposit on behalf of tenant-wants it returned to them at end of tenancy.

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Charity paying cash deposit on behalf of tenant-wants it returned to them at end of tenancy.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
RLA MEMBER_387
8 Posts
0 Thanks
In the case of the above, I know that I have the facility when registering the deposit with the DPS to register a "third party" ie the charity.
When the tenancy ends the charity will be expecting the cash bond back (as long as there is no claim).
Looking at the T and C's for the DPS it seems that the "lead tenant" has all the control/acts on the thrid partys behalf when it comes to agreeing to the deposit being repaid ie its up to the lead tenant to agree to the cash deposit being returned to the charity-rather than the charity themselves being able to request this. Is there any way around this as the charity has paid the cash deposit and so it must be returned to them? I want to avoid it being repaid to the tenant.

Many thanks

26/10/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband