do I have to return the deposit if they are in breach of the AST?

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits do I have to return the deposit if they are in breach of the AST?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
E
Ebs London
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Hello there,

I have a property that I am renting out to 3 professionals and tenancy started on the 17th February 2012 and the property was fully furnished. A few weeks after they moved into the property they decided to move out and served a notice on the 3rd March 2012 informing me that they will be moving out on the 31st of March 2012.

During the first 2 weeks of the tenancy they asked me to carry out some additional work at the property and remove some of the furniture out of the property such as a wardrobe and chest of drawer etc as they had their own. I was also asked to give them a 2 weeks discount on the rent because it was inconvenience that a builder has been at the property few days while there were in which I did.

They are now due to move out on the 31st of this month. Can I deduct the cost of the furniture and cost of the deposit registration fee and cost of advertising the property as they are all extra cost to me since they moved in to the property?

we have signed a standard RLA tenancy agreement with no extra special condition?

Please advice.

Many Thanks

Ebru

20/03/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband