What is meant by protected deposit?

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits What is meant by protected deposit?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
Puzzled Newcomer
2 Posts
0 Thanks
I am about to become a landlord for the first time in the next month or so and I have been busy reading all maner of advice for quite some time in preparation. I have subscribed to and downloaded the interactive learning guide from this site and bought books. Most recently I have read the latest rules coming into force regarding deposits too. One (of several) thing(s) that puzzles me is the meaning of a 'protected' deposit... what is it being protected from? Also, if there is a free deposit scheme then why would someone pay a company (DepositGuard) a premium/payment and then hold on to the deposit themselves? What does the premium/payment provide? Are they expecting to provide some form of service at some point? I do understand the rules, its just the principal of 'Protecting the deposit' that baffles me.
21/03/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband