Euro deposit

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Euro deposit
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
AIGT
11 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear Sir/Madam,

I hope you can help me.

I rented a room for 3 months (June-August) in a shared house to a Spanish girl. To make it easier for her, I agreed to be paid in Euros and to hold the deposit in Euros.

15 days before the term was due, she moved out without notice because of a misunderstanding between her and a new flat mate.

When she returned all moneys to her but not the rent for the 15 last days of the term as I considered that she had broken out contract.

Because I did not returned to her the 15 days rent, she is now threatening me with reporting me to the deposit protection scheme because I did not log her deposit.

This is right, I did not log the deposit but only to do her a favour. She was a returning tenant (second summer) and I did not think I would have any problems with her. She also had her husband living with her in the room for most of the 3 months when the room was rented only to her, but I did not say anything as the other flatmates did not seem to mind). I didn't charge her extra.

I have always logged all my other deposits and have never had any problems with tenants.

Please advise what I should do next. I fear that even if I return the rent she will still report me to the deposit protection scheme.

Kind regards,
Ana

05/10/2010 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband