getting deposit back from DPS

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits getting deposit back from DPS
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
K
Keith
6 Posts
0 Thanks
I have finally managed to evict my non-paying tenants who trashed the property. I'm trying to get the deposit back to recover at least small part of the costs. I sent all relevant papers to DPS who now want confirmation that the final judgement from the court was for rent arrears.

They refer to a section in their T&C's stating "If you obtain a Court Order against your Landlord or Tenant The DPS will only release the Deposit if the Court Order specifically refers to the Deposit and/ or the scheme administrator holding the Deposit and includes a direction as to how much of the Deposit is to be paid to the successful claimant. If the Court Order does not include a reference to the Deposit, or to the scheme administrator, The DPS will be unable to release the Deposit until either the Order is amended or a Third Party Debt Order is obtained."

The court judgement does not mention the deposit scheme and the court is unable to change the wording.

Any ideas what to do and how to get my money back?

02/03/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband