Deposits - Can I repeat this question and put it forward to the RLA team? (feb11)

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Deposits - Can I repeat this question and put it forward to the RLA team? (feb11)
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Q
queenietoby
28 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi I have an account with a Tennancy Depost Scheme. I have a tennant who received his deposit back from the managing agent who we are not now using. However my tennant has been a bit slow handing over the deposit to me so I can register it in a scheme on his behalf. I told the tennant I wanted a total of 650 from him. He gaver me 200 two months after I requested it - about Nov 10 and a further 150 in January 2011. I am reluctant to register these sums due to him receiving confirmation from the deposit holding company and then thinking he can get away without paying the full deposit. Am I entiltled to hold the money until the full amount has been paid then register it? Please advise.
Trudy
05/03/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband