Procedure for serving Prescribed Information

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Procedure for serving Prescribed Information
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
P
Paul C
11 Posts
0 Thanks
I cannot find a comprehensive guide as to what to do once The Prescribed Information form has been filled in by the landlord.

Presumably the landlord signs the documents and sends them to the tenants for checking, agreement and their signature but who then keeps the copy sent to the tenants? Should I be sending them 2 copies signed by myself and ask them to return 1 copy to me after the tenants have signed it?

What happens if the tenants don't agree all the information I have entered, for example, I have used the address of the rental property for communication between tenants and administrators at the end of the contract simply because I have no other?

With joint tenants I believe it is only necssary to give the tenants 1 copy but this should be addressed to the Household (which I pressume means naming all joint tenants on the envelope. Am I correct? Is it better to send an individual pack to each tenant but with the envelope addressed to all of them?

Help please as I am running out of time as have had wait a week before the cheque cleared. Paul C

06/10/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband