Hearing date received/law surrounding credit check

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Hearing date received/law surrounding credit check
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
RLA member_974
13 Posts
0 Thanks
I have at last received a hearing date for evicting my tenant, but this isn't until 23rd December. I have been advised to check the property regularly to ascertian whether the tenant has vacated. Where do I stand on this legally? Obviously I cannot let myself into the property. The guy has shut all the curtains and is sitting pretty much in the dark. I also thought I had to wait for the court to issue possession back to me before gaining access. The thought of waiting until the NY before he is out is unbearable but I don't want to make matters worse by doing the wrong thing.

Also I wondered if anyone knows what responsibility lies with my letting agent and if I have any comeback on them for unpaid rent?

I aslo asked them for a copy of the credit check done on the tenant and was told they could only give me this with the tenants say so - well that's not going to happen - or a letter from a solicitor. Again where do I stand leagally on this? I paid for the credit check albeit through the letting agent but surely this means it is mine to have?

14/11/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband