Deposit

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Deposit
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
Astley Estates
17 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi there my mum rented out her property in march of last year through an estate agent. The tenant paid the estate agent 1300 by cheque. This was 650 first months rent and 650 dep[osit. The agent was supposed to give my mum 325 and keep the rest as a finders fee of 325 and put the deposit in a deposit account. The tenant moved in and my mum then tried to get in touch with the Estate agent to collect her part of the money but he had closed down and was no-where to be found. The tenants continued to pay monthly into my mums bank account but have now given notice and moved out. Before they moved out my mum advised them that the agent kept the deposit and first months rent etc and she had not been able to find him. They said they understood, however they have since moved out and are now demanding the deposit back. Who's responsibility is this? Can anyone please help? The agent has not filed for bankcrupcy or anything like that and apparently bills still arrive at his premises all the time but no-body knows where he is.

Regards

19/01/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions