My Deposits

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits My Deposits
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
Charlie HG
11 Posts
1 Thanks

My Deposits state they have no records of my calls and E mails 2008 in which I brought to thier notice the incorrect date and the title of the tenant written into the deposit certificate
the tenant (now left and been the source of all manner of problems and of expense due to damage)is now "going for it" that is the 6 weeks (alledgedly) before the certificate is dated for the deposit protection and thus considers he is also entitled to 3 X the deposit.
when vacating he denied having keys admitted had lost security keys to PVC windows and access doors had "lost" his documents which also incl.- he said -the Inventory and his copy of the agreement.
His Father and brother are solicitors - clever - in my view "have well briefed him" and I suspect "they" have pulled this one before
threaten the Court and the landlord will cough up RLA have advised me NOT to do so !
The other point the new tenant I have also re-registerd with "My Deposits" - and guess what the date again is incorrect on the certificate as are some of the particulars I have now in all had 2 more attempts in getting new certificates with correct details and dates - each time arrived by post incorrect.
does anyone know if My Deposits can be held responsible bearing in mind the difficulty of having the deposit registered/protected within the 14 days limitation (especially where an agent has taken the deposit in the first place, awaited taking up refs. and getting cheques cleared !!)
look forward to any comments and any similar problems ?
27/02/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband