Potential Tenants Pulling Out ...
I was hoping you could tell me if we are ok in this situation to keep the holding deposit (£200) that we have taken from potential tenants who seem to have pulled out.
The tenants were stalling signing the lease as they said that they wanted us to move out two double beds from the property. Unfortunately we have nowhere else to store these beds and cannot afford the expense of storage and moving them etc. So we said that we couldn't do that and the flat comes fully furnished as advertised. (They only brought this issue with the beds up just as they were about to sign the lease).
We had given them a cope of the lease to look through before they handed us a holding deposit and didn't take the opportunity to talk to us about the beds then.
So as they were still not signing and just phoning me trying to make me move the beds, I gave them a deadline of last Friday end of day, to tell me if they wanted the flat still or not. I said if I didn't hear from them I would assume that they no longer wanted it.
I didn't hear from them. So what should I do now? Have we done anything wrong refusing to move out these beds? Also should I send them a letter outlining that they have decided to pull out due to their silence? Or what should I do?
Thanks so much, looking forward to hearing from you,
Want to read more?
This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.