washing machine leak, can i claim?

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits washing machine leak, can i claim?
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
S
stur
11 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi all

My tenant recently vacated and there was damage from a leak from the hose from the washing machine.It was their machine and hose as the property was unfurnished. They reported the leak to me in February and they claimed the leak was under the tiles and from a pipe.My plumber went out and fixed the leak[it took him 2 visits to find it after taking up the tiles]I simply paid the bill[360]but unfortunately i never read the invoice where it states it was the washing machine hose that caused the problem so i always thought it was my problem.I recently spoke to my plumber and he told me that it was the hose.

My question is what are the chances of being succesful if i claim for the plumbers repair bill and damage caused by the leak from my tenants deposit?I never informed them of this bill whilst they were there although i have a written letter from the plumber saying it was the tenants fault and the leak was from the hose.Its been 8 months since the leak.The tenants deny it was their washing machine hose and say it was a pipe.

Any thoughts would be welcome

Stur

12/10/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Six Hills House
Landlord Broadband