Possession Under Mandatory Rights Ground 1

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Possession Under Mandatory Rights Ground 1
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
K
Karry G
238 Posts
35 Thanks
My brother is a vicar and due to retire this year.
He rented out our family home which was left to him almost three years ago but for the last 6 months has has no rent . The tenants are now digging their heels in big style and they have moved their 25 year old unmarried daughter with ayoung baby into the property without permission.

We have served a legal Section 21 but HARP picked holes in it and said we had no basis with which to go to Court.

I always believed that under Ground One of the Mandatory Grounds , if it was the landlords only residence and they needed it to live in and it could be proved it was the family home , possession would be granted by the Courts.

The tenants were requested to quit on the 12th March 2009 or face possession proceedings when sent a letter giving two months notice to quit because my brother was moving into the property

Despite HARP picking holes in it, I think it was a legally served valid notice to quit served in accordance with their tenancy agreement and would like to go to Court after the 12th on the basis using Ground 1 for the reason for possession.

Any input from the forum would be appreciated.

03/03/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband