British gas trying to charge me for ex tenant debt

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits British gas trying to charge me for ex tenant debt
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
B
benz2303
12 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi
I had to have my tenant evicted and she has a number of outstanding debt which I have been trying to move from the property.
One of these is a huge gas bill, and in fact british gas got a warrant for the same day I did but we missed each other and they took the box.
I have since had this refitted and was told I would only be liable for bills from that eviction date. After a year of hell I have now relet the property and when I have called to inform Britsh Gas of the readings they have now said I would be liable for the outstanding debt if they cannot get this off the tenant. This woman has already cost me 30k in repairs and I am terrified I will then be liable for this further 2k. Britsh gas say it is in their T&C's that this is the case but as I was not a party to this agreement can they really make me laible?

Any advice appreciated.

Jane

11/11/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband