unscrupulous landlord/letting agency.

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits unscrupulous landlord/letting agency.
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
R
Rosie
2 Posts
0 Thanks
Hi, I hope you can help. My son and his 3 friends (all medical students)rented a house last year in Manchester. When we helped them move in the house was in a truly dreadful state - damp, filthy dirty, items missing from the itinerary, broken beds, disgusting carpets etc. All 4 have now moved out and as seasoned renters (5th.yr.students) they cleaned it from top to toe. The landlord is now refusing to return their deposits and is also demanding money for new carpets, furniture and decoration. Having seen the place before and after I feel they had actually made an improvement rather than the other way round. Is there anything we can do about this. The list my son and his friends made of 'things that needed to be repaired/cleaned/replaced etc' and which was attached to their contract, has now gone conveniently astray and as far as I am aware they had no copy
22/09/2008 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Ideal Flatmate
Elfin Kitchens
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions