International Students -

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits International Students -
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
15 Posts
1 Thanks
Good evening

Could you advise me regarding the following, two international students rented a proeprty from a well known (in our area) estate/letting agent. on the 4th of May 2010 they vacated the property and a check out inspection was completed in their presence. the landlord was aware that they would be returning to Iraq on the 13th of May, returning to the UK on the 25th September. when they contacted the DPS tehy were advised that the landlord had completed a 'Statutory Declaration' and that the deposit had been returnd to him to "re-decorate, repair window handles and cleaning".

The property was refurbished in 2005, and the inventory supplied by the agent is dated the 2nd August 2007. no mention is made of broken window handles, some flaking of paint and that the tenants had infact improved the condition of the carpets.

I have written to the agent requesting an explanation, pointing out that the re-decoration was possibly as a result of there being 5 years since the property was last decorated. I would be grateful of your views and the next option for us.

Thank You

Mair Owen

07/04/2011 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband