Home Improvement Notice Appeal Heard Without Me

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Home Improvement Notice Appeal Heard Without Me
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
T
Tom39
150 Posts
5 Thanks
Dear Dave,

My second query this week.

I have previously been served home improvement notices by Salford City Council in respect of a rental property I own in the regeneration area. I appealed two of these notices. I was unable to produce the "trial bundles" outlining my objections (which objections had previously been exhaustively explained by email to the Council) by the stated deadline of 05/01/09 or extended deadline of 12/01/09, due to a sudden and critical collapse in my mother's health, which required her emergency hospitalisation and extensive respite care. The hearing date was 1130 on Mon 02/02/09 which was the first day of our recent heavy snowfall. I was involved in a traffic accident whilst travelling to the hearing. I rang ahead to explain the situation and to notify the Panel that I would attempt to attend by 1400. As it transpired I was unable to do so as we continued to await Police attendance (they never arrived and we eventually dispered having exchanged details) and I began to feel symptoms of whiplash. When I finally got home some six hours later I found an email notification that the hearing had gone ahead without my attendance at the request of Council .

I have been advised that as these were matters of procedure I cannot appeal. This seems outrageous. What can I do?

Thank you for your succinct response to my first query.

Tom D

06/02/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband