Tenant in arrears, who's not living in the property at all and is subletting wants to now get ho

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Tenant in arrears, who's not living in the property at all and is subletting wants to now get ho
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
AS
10 Posts
0 Thanks
After nine months of constant late payments, my official tenant who is an Italian woman due to be relocating from Boston but is still working at the Boston Medical Center, called me from the US last night saying she wants to claim housing benefit and wants my help in the matter.

Without my permission she sublets my property to young foreign students and collects about 480/week from them, whilst still living and working in Boston. In addition to this she now wants to claim 550/week housing benefit and she told me to mention her 4 year old son in doing so if I have to deal with any HB official "as this will make it happen faster". Neither she nor her son (who I don't think even exists) are living at the property and she hasn't work one day in this country. She took out the contract last March but has only been in this country for a couple of weeks in the past year.

I'm currently waiting a court hearing date for eviction (Landlordaction.com are on board) as it's a contractual agreement and she's two months' behind on the rent but it's taking ages. The house in the City of London was always a top quality let to city workers and now looks like a squat.

This all seems very wrong and is making me very uneasy. What can I do and what can I expect? I've never experienced anything like this before.

Any words of advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you

AS

20/02/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband