partial deposits

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits partial deposits
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Jamie
2 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a six bedroom student let house, which one existing tenant and five new tenants have signed for - on a one year AST from July 2010 ( I have yet to sign as I explained to the group I will not sign until all the relevant documents have been returned - guarantor standing order and a full deposit of 1800.00 )

I have so far received 1500.00 from five of the tenants the sixth one promising to have paid the deposit into my account by today. The sixth tenant has not paid as yet and it is now 14 days (tonight) since they signed and the first part of the deposit was received 3 days later.

My question is: Am I within my legal right to not register the deposit until the final 300 is received and treat this as a holding fee until such time or: refund the deposits (minus an admin fee) and find a new group or: give the existing group a chance to find a replacement suitable tenant for the time wasting tenant.

Thanks

17/12/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband