Tenants installed cable - what to do about BT reconnection

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Tenants installed cable - what to do about BT reconnection
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
leeds1sttimelandlord
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I noticed about a year ago that my tenants had broken and then removed the telephone I bought for the property. Next, I noticed that they had had cable installed and were using a cable phone. I've read stories in the papers about reconnection to BT being very expensive if the supplier has been changed in the past. Now that my tenants are moving on, should I worry about the new tenant facing such a high connection charge? Can I take a sum out of the security deposit to discount this for him/her? I realise that my new tenant might not even want BT and be quite happy with cable, but I'm wondering if returning the property as let is an issue here (I'm already facing a huge dispute about damage this couple have done to my property, but this is something that just occurred to me).
15/03/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions