dispute and check out inventory carried out but not valid

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits dispute and check out inventory carried out but not valid
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
J
Jaymp
5 Posts
0 Thanks
deposit dispute (first one - and first property)
own invnetory done on check in - signed by both parties (but not in detail and looking at it - it may not help me)

6months tenancy and damages (with non cleaning)

tried to talk to them - they disputed everything - would not come to see.

I got an inventory company to record everything when it became obvious tenants were being difficult.

Have since learned that the inventory done after they left (10days) won't be any good.

All I have is text messages where they effectively admit the damages - but try to blame otehr factors.

After initial admission - they then tried on saying that all damages done in the 10days property was vacant -

I have statements from the cleaners and repair people that the stains and damaages etc were all mor ethan one month old.

I have court date on this in a week and am not sure what to do, as I can not reply on the inventories - all I have is the check in inventory and their text messages even agreeing to replace to the mattress and trying to say it is down to wear and tear (scratched on stainless steel cooker hob)

Property was brand new - they were first in - check in inventory agreed.

I have receipts of the furniture to prove all in new condition - inventory wa sleft with the for 3 weeks - they made one or two additions and nothing else.

What can I do?
Many Thanks

02/07/2012 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband