Prescribed information relating to tenancy deposits

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Prescribed information relating to tenancy deposits
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
L
Leon
2 Posts
1 Thanks
Hi

I issued my current tenants with the "Prescribed Information relating to Tenancy Deposits" when we agreed their Assured Short hold Tenancy Agreement last May (May 2008). I placed their deposit with the Deposit Protection Service at that time.

These tenants have decided to rent my property for a further year and have recently signed a new Assured Short hold Tenancy Agreement for this further year's tenancy agreement, commencing May 2009.

As regards their current tenancy I do not intend to withhold any part of their current deposit and have planned to just let it roll over for a further year in the same Deposit Protection Service account.

Given these circumstances, do I need to get them to sign a new "Prescribed Information relating to Tenancy Deposits", or is last year's prescribed information still effective?

(I suspect that I need to get them to sign a new "Prescribed Information relating to Tenancy Deposits" to ensure that they receive the latest terms and conditions of the Deposit Protection Service, which would therefore reflect any changes since last year, but I'd rather not do this if there is no need.)

Regards

Neil

This member has been thanked by 1 member for this post.
28/03/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions