Best way to get rid of bad tenant

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Best way to get rid of bad tenant
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
3 Posts
0 Thanks
I have a tenant who has been constantly behind with the rent almost since day 1. I issued a section 21 some months back in the hope of letting the tenant know I will not let these late payments continue, but it has had no effect and currently I am owed 700 arrears.

Their tenancy ends on July 14th and they have said they wish to carry on and would have all rent up to date by then. I want them out but if I apply to the court now I'm sure all rent will stop until eviction takes place and I know this could take a while especially if they refuse to go and I have to keep going back and forth to the court.

I'm owed over 6000 from previous tenants who have played the system. One case going on for 4 years the other 18 months. Chasing rent arrears is a nightmare the courts have backlogs, tenants changing names and employment to stop AOE, warrants not being honoured and re-issues lost by courts, bailliff's not getting responses from enquiries. Court fee's just add up, tracing agent fee's add up.

Any suggestions? Can't afford to continue for much longer like this.

02/07/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband