tds tied in knots

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits tds tied in knots
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
A
art4
1 Posts
0 Thanks
Dear Forum
Hi, I am new.
Here goes and Hi to my tenant who may also be using this site!
My TDS is under the TDS Dispute Service (http://www.thedisputeservice.co.uk/index.php?p=1).
The established and reputable agent who acted on my behalf in December 2007 put the tenants depoisit in a secure account and issued a certificate from the TDS. The certificate was passed to me and the tenant. PROBLEM: since serving the section 21 in January 2009 it appears the estate agent did not serve the tenant my details and did not give them the relevant form to sign and return within 14 days. This appears to invalidate the section 21. However, although the tenant knew my number and details at the time of the section 21 notice (an email confirms this) the tenant has been now been properly served my details in May 2009. He will not sign the form and the TDS appears to remain invalid.
This puts me into an unbreakable loop which disqualifies me from ever having a valid section 21 as he will never sign the form.
My goal is to have a valid section 12 for eviction. How do I
1) Resolve the TDS issues
2) How do I get a valid section 21
Help!!!
Thanks in advance
19/06/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband