Holding Deposit, Timing and Quick Guide to MyDepost

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Holding Deposit, Timing and Quick Guide to MyDepost
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
C
Clifdenlandlord
6 Posts
0 Thanks
Your information is very clear and helpful. However,I still have a couple of questions on issues that are not covered, and one other issue where there is no link.

What is the normal amount one should seek for a holding deposit roughly? The rent is 1540 pm.

What is reasonable to ask for Admin fees, if any? (I am dong this in my own time, but could be earning other money freelance).

The tenancy is due to start on 1st August. Should all deposit and first month's rent have cleared before I let the tenants have the keys?

(I am having to draft my onw checklist/timeline - an interactive one on the website would be fab!)

Finally, I have registered with myDeposit and was following the advice. Specifically you state that the tenants guide to the scheme be provided to the tenants, as well as the "Quick Guide". I cannot find the latter by searching the web-links, only a very long landlords guide.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

17/07/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Remove a Tenant
Landlord Broadband
John Pye Auctions