Tenants refusing to allow viewings during notice period

You are here : Member Forums Tenancy Deposits Tenants refusing to allow viewings during notice period
This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
M
1 Posts
0 Thanks
I have two tenants who are being very obstructive and not allowing viewings during their notice period.

I have contacted them 3 days prior to viewings at resonable times one at 5.30pm during the week and another at 2pm on a Sat. Both are not convenient and they have said I have to wait until they move out. I have told them to refer to the contract agreement whereby viewings can be arranged during their notice. I am receiving abusive text messages constantly. Am I allowed to go in with keys to carry out viewings.

Also I have confirmed a checkout date on the 16th August at 10.00am they are now stating they wont move out until the 17th at 6.pm. They are signed to a periodic contract which commenced on the 17th of the month, therefore the tenancy runs out on the 16th. Would you please advise me how I should progress.

They also have a dog which I have not given permission to in the property.

Would you please advise me what action I should take. I do have a damage deposit which is in the RLA scheme.

22/07/2009 00:00

Want to read more?

This is a members only forum, if you want to read more you need to login to your membership, if you are not a member, click here to join.

This topic has been locked as no posts have been made within the last 90 days.
Landlord & Investment Show
Martin Co
Envirovent
Landlord Broadband